My Blog List

Friday, September 30, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

I just turned a year older.  I used to make everyone in my house celebrate birthday week, but now as I am creeping into middle age I can only celebrate long enough to make it birthday weekend!  On Friday after a crappy start to the birthday morning and then my husby telling me he couldn't meet me for lunch I  treated myself to some shopping and purchased some clothes and new dinnerware.  It is oh so pretty, all white and much like the pieces you eat on at many restraunts.  I truly believe that it makes the food not only look much more presentable , but taste even better!!  The boys think I am crazy , but hey, I AM a year older and a little closer to forgetfulness and wacky!!

That night after dropping Jensen off at his 1st social of his Middle school career, and dropping Jonah off at the High school football game, Tony and I headed to downtown Des Moines for dinner at Dos Rios.  They make guacamole made to your specifications at your table!  Pretty tasty with a lovely Margarita!
Instead of cake I had this cute cupcake!!


Me and my brown eyed boy before he ditched me for the night!!




On Saturday This little cutie and I went to lunch at Hu-Hot!



Sunday Jensen had a football game so we all enjoyed the beautiful day at the ball fields with a victory!!
Jensen #54

Jonah had basketball practice at the park that night so Dodger and I enjoyed the gorgeous fall night and walked around the trail while J worked hard!


Monday night the celebrating ended in Pella where I met these lovely ladies for dinner!

Me and my mommy
birthday dessert!


The 1st 42 years have been pretty amazing--here's to the next 42--God willing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment